Thursday, February 01, 2007

six degrees


This is Marah. After 2 1/2 drinks i promised to blog about our dinner because hey, that's what people do nowadays. Last night, with the hazy head, I really wanted to start my post with this picture. But now, as clearer thoughts are prevailing, I have decided not to. Sort of.

Anyways, M and I have good luck with celebrity sightings. One of our most recent meals was in the middle of Portland in an empty restaurant at 3pm. That's when Sean Penn sat down next to us. Cut to last night where we're sitting all cramped in a tiny little room...the type where the tables are right in a row and you are basically sitting next to strangers and listening to their every word. That's when Kevin Bacon sits down next to M. M doesn't notice, perhaps because she doesn't turn her head all the way to the right. But, I notice because I can't help but see him when I'm staring at M. About 30 seconds after he sits down, I make a lame tipsy move of crashing my plates together and causing a clatter. Of course, I'm embarassed because I assume the Bacon thinks that I am so flustered in his presence that I can't control my bread plate and my salad plate. Meanwhile, M's had two cocktails and is oblivious to the Bacon so she just thinks I'm a nutcase. When she finally noticed him though, her reaction was pretty sweet. Probably because about 2 minutes before he sat down, she was going on about how botox-ed and terrible Kyra Sedgwick looked at the GGs. Yeah, that's his wife. That would not have been good because he would have heard. I guess we should be more sensitive when bagging on famous people.

Not.

Bottom line, Bacon looks good. Real good. Insanely young. And the voice of 'Footloose' was pretty sweet in person. Penn, Bacon...who's next?

No comments: