Friday, January 16, 2009

TV Highlights of 2008 - Part 2 - the Dramas


**I suppose this post contains spoilers if you haven't watched the most recent seasons of these shows....which is 99% of the people that read this blog. So this is mainly for me and the enjoyment I got out of rewatching these scenes.**

Lost
The Constant
For a show that went so completely downhill after Season 1, last year's Lost season was refreshing. Some good episodes. But it also included one of the best episodes I think they've ever done called "The Constant". It's the one that featured Desmond and Penny's love story and it's the only episode of this show that's ever made me cry.


The Wire
Late Editions
Ahh, my beloved Wire is gone. Season 5 wasn't as good as 3 or 4 but obviously it was fantastic. It did have one episode that I remember above all others. It was the penultimate episode and it showed Dukie turning into a sad street junkman, Michael killing Snoop, and lucky Namond succeeding at high school debate as Colvin's adopted son. My favorite scene though was the tragic Bubbles character attending a NA meeting and finally making forward progress. Great speech.


The Shield
Family Meeting
The Shield's series finale was miraculous. I enjoyed the final season more than almost any other show season ever and the finale was just breathtaking. Shane's character was the real standout of this season and his final showdown (on the phone no less) with Vic was just awesome.

No comments: