Monday, April 27, 2009

attention bsg fans...all three of you


Last week I attended an event for Battlestar Galactica and the new Ron Moore series, Caprica. The night started with a sneak preview of "Caprica". I had mixed feelings I had to admit. I mean, I really wasn't that excited about it because I knew it didn't really have much to do with BSG. And, sorry if you disagree, but I find Eric Stoltz incredibly bland and boring. But here's the deal... after a 90 minute premiere I can say I'll watch it again. But I didn't love it. It had problems in that it was seriously somber and it was missing the action-adventure portion to drive the story forward. There is no ticking clock or nothing to really progress the story. Ron Moore admitted it and said it was more of a soap opera in a sense that it was just about the characters. Fine. I watch plenty of soap operas...Grey's Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters, etc. But that's because I enjoy watching the characters on those shows. Caprica didn't really have any characters I liked or got invested in. So, pretty major problem. The idea of it is pretty good which is what will make me watch it again, but I don't have high hopes.

The Q&A section of the evening was basically just the moderator (super-fan Seth Green) channeling Chris Farley. And what I mean is that he'd get super excited and describe a scene or plot and end with "wasn't that cool?". Yeah, it was cool. But that's not a question. The cast representatives from BSG were Grace Park and Tricia Helfer. Yes, they are both hot. The whole Caprica cast was there too but who cares. :-)

No comments: