Tuesday, January 16, 2007

GGs 2007


longest post ever? sorry for the delay!

Wow. I can't remember an awards show where I gathered soo many pictures of stars and dresses. Everyone was at the Beverly Hilton last night for this shindig and it was a fairly entertaining show. I hope Taryn was watching because this show was built for her. Hugh Laurie AND Jeremy Irons win! Other British people win! What a night. I was sad that "The Office" didn't win but I knew "Ugly Betty" would win because they love those newbies. But the fact that "Dreamgirls" beat "Little Miss Sunshine" is a bit ludicrous. And during the supporting actor category (which was quite stacked), I turned to Stacey and said, please, anyone BUT Eddie Murphy. No one heard my pleas because apparently he won an award for doing a James Brown impression. Good for him. But on to the dresses...

As I was watching the red carpet on tv last night, I thought two things. One, "Awesome! People are actually trying new things!" And two, "Wow, why does everyone look pregnant and fat." Then this morning I get up and look at all of the photos and most of the people don't look fat. So I don't know what to tell you. Apparently the camera really does add 10 pounds.

So here's what I've got. Sorry it's so long....

Bad, bad, bad

Julia Louis-Dreyfus just looks bad. The color looks gold in this picture but on tv it was sort of a puke green-gold which may explain the look on her face.

I don't dislike these two and I'm glad they enjoy being sisters, but the Arquette girls never look good. The picture actually doesn't do justice to this tragedy but a full lace casing is never a good idea.

I think that Gillian Anderson had a baby recently but I still am not enjoying her mother of the bride outfit. Just too old and too boring.

Nicolette Sheridan always dresses a little off. I'm not into this dress. It reminds me of the old Barbie dresses that my mom had when she was a kid. Not into it.

Sure, I can't remember what she was wearing, but Mary Louise Parker's devil eyes are burning a hole in my skull.

I'm sure Kyra Sedgwick is a lovely person. She seems really nice. But I am tired of some TNT show winning over people I actually like. This monstronsity of a dress also doesn't look that bad but, trust me, straight on I felt like the top part was a 24-Hour Playtex bra that a 50 year old would wear. And, sadly, she had so much botox in her face that it didn't even move during her acceptance speech.

Um, no Hilary Swank. Don't like that hair.

I never thought Tina Fey was all that attractive. And her facial expression in this picture doesn't do her any favors. But damn that dress was lame. The top embroidery was ugly and the short poufy skirt was too young for her. She looked silly.

Ellen Pompeo. Better than purple velvet..but still, No.

It's my opinion that Courtney Cox was the prettiest "Friend". But this dress doesn't do her any favors.

Vanessa Williams is a joke. Her hair is heinous (and the color didn't even match her real hair in the front) and why is she wearing fur! Please just act your age and go away.

Oh, poor poor Jennifer Love Hewitt. I like her. She seems adorable. Every crew member I know who has worked for her says that she is really nice. But this dress....yikes! As SJ said, it looks like a terrible bridesmaids dress from Sophisticated Lady at the local mall. Not a good choice. And on tv it made her look as wide as a truck in the hips. Which is know is not true! She looks good from the shoulders up but that was just a bad choice.

And, last but not least, Beyonce. Oh, Beyonce, I almost feel bad for you. Jennifer Hudson AND Eddie Murphy won and neither of them thanked you in their speeches. But then you show up looking like a video ho and I can't feel sorry for you. You want to win an Oscar and you're dressing like this? Not going to get it done girlfriend. Sorry.

When bad dresses happen to "good" people (because we know no actresses are truly "good")

Jenna Fisher is adorable on "The Office". But everytime I see her I wish I could give her some Spanx and a push-up bra.

Annette Bening is something of an enigma to me. She's a great actress but in interviews she's extremely cold and somehow she's married to that senile Warren Beatty. But this dress is weird. ANOTHER person in white but I didn't understand the rectangles at the top. Weird.

This is a tough one because I thought Jennifer Garner looked cute close up (13 Going on 30!), but then when I saw her dress, I was bummed. The lines are weird and it was an extremely heavy beaded dress. Wasn't a huge fan. But damn she's buff.

Jessica Biel works out all the time. Seriously. Every time I see her she is exercising. And she has a rad body. But I wasn't a fan of this heavy beaded dress that changed color around her ass. Um, no. Her hair and earrings were pretty though.

From this picture, I don't know how I can include Selma Hayek in the bad, but really, this looked terrible on tv. The draping around her stomach made her come off as pregnant and her hair looked incredibly flat. Of course, I look at this picture and all I see is a gorgeous woman with huge bazongas so what do I know.

Cate Blanchett is awesome. She sometimes looks amazing and sometimes, like now looks terrible. But at least she's shaking it up. I have higher hopes for the Oscars.

I love my Katherine Heigl but I don't like her in black. I didn't like the dress and the headshot also leaves me cold. She did her hair just like that at the Emmy's and I think I would prefer it down and softer. That's just me.

Cameron, I'm trying to like you even with your tall gorgeous body and legs, but this is making it very difficult.

I think Kate Walsh is stunning on "Grey's Anatomy". But I hated her look last night. I didn't like the hair, I didn't like how it made her boobs look squished and tiny, and I didn't like how it made her look pregnant. Not into it.

But no one made me more sad than Kate Winslet. I adore her. But I just thought this dress was so blah and did nothing for her. She's pale so I think she looks good in colors (aka not white) and I thought it made her boobs look bad and her stomach. Boo! Again, I can only hope for more at the Oscars.

Bravo!

I love this woman. Meryl Streep may be over 50 but this lady knows how to look good while dressing her age. Her speech was the highlight of the night, for me, and I just hope I get to see more of her this awards season.

Ali Larter is on a show I don't like ("Heroes") and I don't think she's a great actress, but this was my favorite white dress of the night. This head-on picture makes the plunge seem a little extreme but it really was a gorgeous dress.

I have mixed feelings towards Jennifer Lopez but I thought she looked good. She's a beautiful woman and lately she's been looking pretty damn awesome. (New trainer? new tan applicator man?) Maybe not everyone likes this look but I do.

Kinda of a big dress but Penelope Cruz is so pretty that the face and hair overcomes all.

It's not easy for the big girls, but I thought Jennifer Hudson looked great and better than Beyonce. And Sara Ramirez, even with her hair in that 50s wave, still looked good in red.

Emily Blunt was on Craig Ferguson a few nights ago and looked stunning. So I had high hopes for her at the GGs. She didn't look as good but she sure fit in this dress quite perfectly.

Bravo to Felicity Huffman for looking as good as she's ever looked. I love this color on her and her hair looked great. I'm not sure what she's doing with her hand but, cut her some slack. She doesn't pose for a living because she's busy raising kids and using her brain.

I haven't seen that many Sienna Miller movies...In fact, I've only seen one. And all of my ideas of her come from an affair with a douchebag actor who seems to like to sleep around. But, when it comes down to it, Sienna is cute. Sure, this dress is a little weird but she looked great. And I know you're going to say that you don't like the hair but I do! She had barely any make-up on and cute earrings and seems excited and I loved it.

Take note all you aging starlets (I'm looking at you Sharon Stone), Helen Mirren knows how to dress and she looks hot.

Have I mentioned that I adore Drew Barrymore? Maybe Drew's dress wasn't the flashiest, but she looked so soft and pretty. She's absolutely adorable and reminds me of cotton candy and pink wet n' wild lipstick. (Which is good.)

But my favorite of the night, and this shocks me, was probably Reese Witherspoon. I first saw her from the shoulders up and thought she looked really bright and shiny and happy. The single life is clearly agreeing with her. They then panned down to the dress. At first I was horrified by the yellow. But then it grew on me. Then I saw more and more pictures and suddenly I think she's rad. That's how it happens people.

And the rest...

Most uncomfortable on the red carpet...Chloe from "24".

Most metallic...Sandra Oh.

Longest fake ponytail...Hayden Panatierre.

Cutest girl, best body, in a weird dress...Evangeline Lilly.

Outfit that looked most awesome on tv and least awesome on-line...Eva Longoria.

Skinniest housewife I know...Teri Hatcher.

Squintiest face - Lifetime Achievement...Renee Zellweger.

Biggest reason why I'm excited to get older...the women of "Big Love". Jeanne Tripplehorn looks the happiest and best of them all!

And because they need a category all to their own...Brangelina. I had read that she was forced to wear a St. John's dress because she does their ads and that she didn't like their dresses. Probably because this was the best one they had. Which isn't very good. But combined with the gold jewelry and severe bun, Angelina scared me. To my core. Her semi-interview with Ryan Seacrest was absolutely painful and I just don't know what to make of this woman. How hard it must be to walk among the mortals. I am not fit to look at her and she knows it.

No comments: