Wednesday, June 24, 2009

SYTYCD - Top 16


The Best:

Randi and Evan - This week's show wasn't as good as last week's so I had a hard time picking a favorite. But had to go with Mia Michaels' piece about Randi's ass. I've said it before but these two dancers are just fun and adorable and easy to watch. And Mia brings so much personality to every dance that she almost never misses.

The Worst:

Carla and Jonathan - Jonathan looked pretty damn horrible in this smooth criminal hip hop routine. Just totally out of his element and Carla was not much better.

The Rest:

Ade and Melissa - They are one of my favorite couples and I thought their rumba was very sexy and smooth. Her costume made me sit on the edge of my seat because I thought she was going to reveal a part of her body that I really didn't need to see. But that never happened and instead they pulled off a great dance.

Janette and Brandon - My other favorite couple. I love them more and more every week. Last week their disco was insane. This week their rock-n-roll hip hop was pretty sweet. Brandon was pretty damn impressive for a non-hip hopper. And I just like that Janette is the only competitor who said her 2nd career would be 'loan processing'. Awesome.

Kayla and Kupono - Kayla's an awesome dancer and I totally think her partner Max didn't deserve to go last week. Kupono is lucky to be paired with such a good dancer now. It was a Viennese Waltz which is never particularly thrilling but it looked pretty and he didn't suck.

Philip and Jeanine - Their Tice Broadway routine was pretty entertaining. I like Philip but it wasn't his strongest performance. Kind of a weird Broadway song choice too.

Caitlin and Jason - She isn't very versatile but she did okay. It's easy to be impressive with a showy dance like the Paso Doble and while Carmina Burana is blasting.

Asuke and Vitolio - My second least favorite of the week with their weak Mandy Moore Heartbreaker routine. The choreography didn't help them out because it was boring and the costumes were weird and dated.


In the end, I'm hoping Jonathan goes home as well as Carla or Asuke.

No comments: