Saturday, January 23, 2010

SAG Awards


Truthfully, I didn't get to watch most of the SAG awards because in a world without Tivo or DVR, it's hard to actually catch TV at appointed times. But I did see some of it and I definitely saw some dresses. Not as comprehensive as the Golden Globes, but worth noting. Most of these people were all at the Globes a week ago so it was interesting to see how different they dressed.

Diane Kruger
I really liked this dress. I don't know if I would wear that color but I thought she pulled it off.

Sandra Bullock
Big miss for me from one of my favorites. I actually like it when she pulls back her hair like this but I am so so confused about the top. She was giving an award to Betty White so maybe she decided to dress like an old lady from the 80s?

Anna Kendrick
Better. Not great though. The color is younger but the top neckline kind of freaks me out as do the ruffles. And I don't love the hair thing.

Anna Paquin
Well, I thought this was a breath of fresh air. Totally different and I loved it.

Carey Mulligan
Still not getting it. Too much fabric, didn't like the cut.

Tina Fey
Improved. Still looks uncomfortable all dressed up, but much better.

Mo'Nique
A little old lady-ish and safe? Yes but her hair and makeup looked nice.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Yuck.

Marion Cotillard
Not only is it one shoulder but that one shoulder has been built up and is structured? Ugh.

Toni Collette
Still wearing sparkles which I admire. But I hate the ruffled skirt and I think the top should sit higher.

Lea Michele
Yay! I love this on her. Love the color and love that girly youth.

Jenna Fischer
Well, at least Jenna seems like a nice person.

Nicole Kidman
Confusing. It's actually kind of a rad dress but felt totally out of place for a formal awards show. In the winter. On ice queen Nicole Kidman. I'm thinking it would work on Kate Hudson at a summer concert series.

Juliana Marguiles
From a Star Trek dress to this weird velvet thing. Not feeling it.

Kyra Sedgwick
For a woman who often looks weird, I thought Kyra looked really pretty.

Christina Applegate
I loved this dress. So pretty.

Kate Hudson
I like it. Is that wrong? It feels wrong. Front was boring but this woman can wear white and when she turned around it was pretty stunning.

Joan Allen
Worst dressed. Period.

Drew Barrymore
I'm not sure I can defend Drew on this one. I mean, I know it's high fashion or whatever. But I don't like it. And I don't like her washed out makeup and her hair. Is this the end of our love affair?

No comments: