Thursday, February 19, 2009

no job = television


When you don't have a job, watching television is a great activity for two reasons. One, it is free. Two, it is still enjoyable if you do it alone. For that reason, I have been watching a lot of TV. Luckily, there are some seriously kick-ass things on right now. If I may briefly touch on them...

BIG LOVE
This is by far the best season so far and I am constantly amazed at how fantastic the writing is for these women. I am tempted to say the three women are the best female characters I've ever seen on tv. And for some damn reason, the Henrickson family is so appealing that it makes you start to question why a loving polygamous family is so wrong. Now THAT'S good writing.

TOP CHEF
This has been my favorite season of Top Chef so far. Probably because between Carla, Stefan, and Fabio, I haven't seen such entertaining personalities on this show ever before. I was (am) in love with Fabio along with every female viewer I know. Yes, it's predictable...he's fairly cute but it's the cliche Italian accent. And all those sound bites! "This is Top Chef...not Top Pussy." Fantastic. Then there's Carla who looks like Big Bird and apparently likes to channel energy into her food. But for some reason Stefan has really grown on me. Like a fungus I suppose. He's cocky but he is hysterical. Love it.

LOST
Yes, Lost has had it's ups and downs. But I'm really enjoying this year. It's still more entertaining than most things out there. Ben has been funny as usual and I've come to really like Daniel Farraday. As long as they keep Kate and Jack in the background, I'll be okay.

AMERICAN IDOL
Well, it's on. And I still watch it. And there are still good singers and bad singers. What more do you want?

DAMAGES
Starring what has to be the skinniest actress on TV, Rose Byrne consistently surprises me with her boniness. But, that aside, I am finally getting into this season. Glenn Close is awesome as usual and the bad guy this year, Kendrick, is played by "Rawls" from The Wire. He is amazing. And Timothy Olyphant has been some good eye candy.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
Only a few more episodes of this outstanding series so I am sad. But it's been great so far. I am going to really miss this appointment viewing. I hope all these actors land new shows.

No comments: